StowEdge Terms Of Service
Thank you for using StowEdge. Our goal is to make storage as stress free as possible. In order to accomplish this, there are some ground rules we have to cover. This document is intended to set out the terms and conditions (the "Terms") that govern all use of www.stowedge.com and StowEdge services.
Please read this agreement carefully as both you and StowEdge are bound by the terms of this Agreement. Our Storage and Online Services are available to you only if you accept all policies comprised in this Agreement.
Here are some quick definitions before we start to make things easier:
- "User" - "The User," "You," and "Your" refer to the individual person or corporate entity that has visited or is using the Website and/or Service and is entering into this Agreement with us. A User may also be a "Subscriber:" a User who subscribes to and participates in StowEdge's services.
- "Storage Service" - The "Storage Service" refers to the pickup, transport, storage, and delivery services provided by StowEdge.
- The "Online Service" refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by StowEdge.
- "Item" – By "Item" we mean any individual box or bin or oversized item that we are storing for you
- "Your things" – When we talk about "Your Things" we are referring to all of the items you have stored with StowEdge
Schedule Of Monthly Charges
You will be charged the following fees:
- Monthly Rent per bin $7.00 
- New Account Administration Fee FREE
- Empty Bin drop off and packed bin pickup fee FREE
- Delivery charge fee (per trip) $25.00
- Unreturned Bin Purchase fee (per Bin)  $30.00
- Disposal fee (per Bin) . $5.00
- Additional mover fee $30.00
- Additional hour of labor (per mover).$30.00
Delinquency & Lien charges and penalties
- One-time delinquent account admin fee (levied on 14th day past due) $10.00
- Monthly delinquent account admin fee (levied from 30th day past due onward) $10.00
- No show at delivery or pickup appointment  $30.00
- Dishonored Check Charge $35.00
- Same day appointment cancellation  $15.00
- Charge Back Charge (when we're not at fault) $30.00
- Lien Fee 1 (after 31 Days) (Whether or not Sale Occurs) $25.00
- Lien Fee 2 (after 60 Days) (Whether or not Sale Occurs) $50.00
- Lien Sale/Auction Administration Fee $100.00 Important Legal Notice: The monthly occupancy charge and other charges stated in this Agreement are the actual charges you must pay.
Term and Rent
The period of time that this Agreement is in effect is called the "term." The term begins when you sign or accept this Agreement and will continue on a month-to-month basis until terminated (subject to a 1 or 3 months paid minimum of storage term requirement, depending on items stored). You shall pay rent monthly to StowEdge. Monthly rent must be paid in advance on the first day we pick up Your Things, and monthly thereafter, or you'll be subject to a late charge. Monthly rent must be paid in full, without any deductions, without prior notice or prompting from us (i.e. StowEdge is not required to send you an invoice or a billing statement). The monthly rent amount you must pay is the sum of the full amounts set out in the Schedule of Monthly Charges that apply to Your Things, plus any applicable sales and other taxes imposed by any taxing authority. A breakdown of monthly fees and charges are available to you in the billing section of your account log in.
Your monthly "Billing Cycle" is the 1st of each month Your Things are in storage. If we pick up Your Things in the middle of a billing cycle (during the month) your first charge will be made on the day of pickup and will be pro rated for the number of days left in the billing cycle (days remaining until the 1st of the following month). This means, for example, if we pickup Your Things halfway through the monthly Billing Cycle, you would pay one half the current monthly rent for those items on the day of pickup. To calculate the actual fractional rent charge that applies to pickups that occur part way through a Billing Cycle, you'd take the number of days Your Things were actually in our possession, including the day we picked up your items, and divide it by the number of days in that Billing Cycle when we picked up Your Things. Your "second month" begins on the 1st of the next month. (Please note: we have a one-month or three-months paid minimum depending on the item stored).
If you add additional items during any Billing Cycle, we will adjust your monthly rent for that Billing Cycle on a pro rata basis for the day(s) your items were in our possession. This means, for example, if you add an item halfway through the monthly Billing Cycle, you would pay one half the current monthly rent for that item on the day it is picked up. To calculate the actual fractional rent charge that applies to you when adding an item part way through a Billing Cycle, you'd take the number of days your item was actually in our possession, including the day we picked up your item, and divide it by the number of days in that Billing Cycle when you added the item.
You may be wondering how this impacts our one month or three-month minimum requirement. Simply put, if you decide to take an item back that has not been stored by us (and for which we have not yet billed you) for at least the required minimum, we will charge you the difference so you will have paid for that minimum of rent for the item. For items with a one-month minimum, the first month of rent is non-refundable. This means that under no circumstance will you be entitled to a refund of the first month’s rent, which will be paid in one monthly installment starting at the beginning of the first billing cycle after the initial pick up of Your Things.
For items with a three-month minimum, the first three months of rent are non-refundable. This means that under no circumstance will you be entitled to a refund of the first three months rent, which will be paid in three monthly installments starting upon the initial pick up of Your Things.
When you remove any item partway through a Billing Cycle, you will no longer be charged monthly rent for that Item from the next Billing Cycle onward. Please note that you will not receive a credit or partial refund of prepaid monthly rent when removing an Item part way through that Billing Cycle.
The monthly rent, amounts and type of other fees and/or charges, as well as any other term of this Agreement, may be adjusted by StowEdge effective the month following notice by StowEdge to you specifying the adjustment. Such notice will be given to you at least thirty (30) days prior to the first day on which the adjustment will be effective. Any such adjustment will not otherwise affect other terms of this Agreement and all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. You are required to make all rental payments and other payments in a timely manner. Rent is due on or before the first day of your Billing Cycle, according to this Agreement. If you end up late on your payments, we may accept a partial payment of the rent or other outstanding fee. However, our acceptance of a partial payment does not mean you are not in default nor does it stop us from pursuing our remedies discussed in this Agreement. A partial payment will not release your Items from any failure to pay ("default") under this Agreement. You will not be able to access your Items when you are in default. It is your responsibility to be home to receive Your Things when you request StowEdge to return some or all of Your Things to you. Fees for late delivery appointment cancellations and no shows are defined above.
Compliance With Laws
You are responsible for complying with local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations regarding storage of items, as well as all StowEdge policies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the authority to, and are of legal age to, bind yourself to this Agreement; (ii) your use of the Storage Service will be solely for purposes that are permitted by this Agreement; and (iii) your use of the Storage Service will comply with all local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and with all other StowEdge policies.
Absent a court order or binding arbitration ruling, StowEdge will not release any of Your Things to someone else that claims they own it. However, StowEdge will not "take sides" in a property dispute. If anyone approaches StowEdge directly with a claim that they are the true owner of some or all of Your Things, we will provide them with a form to fill out under penalty of perjury that sets out their claim. As part submitting that form, the person claiming ownership of some or all of Your Things must agree to indemnify StowEdge and you for all costs that result from their claim if it is wrong, and they must agree to offer you the option to arbitrate (without StowEdge as a party) to resolve the claim, with the loser to pay the winner's attorney's fees and costs.
If they agree to these terms, we will provide you a copy of their summary of their claim, along with a form for you to respond to dispute their claims. If you dispute the claims, StowEdge will take no further action — the matter is yours to resolve (although you will now have the option of a loser-pays arbitration). You have 30 days to dispute the claim of ownership. If you do not respond, we will return the disputed property to you, and notify the person claiming ownership that we have done so. By executing this Agreement, you are agreeing that we can bill you for the costs (including internal staff costs) of returning the disputed property. You also agree that you will not be entitled to any pro-rata refund of monthly rent, and that the rental minimum will still apply.
Paying For Your Items
StowEdge, or another company that we rely on, will save your credit card or debit card information and will use it for any future charges. If you want us to stop billing that card, you need to notify us through your settings by providing us with details of a replacement card. We currently only accept the following payment methods for all one-time and recurring charges: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. However, we reserve the right to require payment by cash, bank check, or certified check should your account balance go past due. If we are unable to bill your card, we'll send you a notice and try again in a few days. Late fees will be charged as soon as the event of late payment or delinquency occurs or as otherwise explained in the pricing and fee table at the start of these Terms. In the event there is an erroneous charge back on a payment you make with your credit or debit card, we will charge you a fee of $35.
Packing Your Items
A StowEdge team member cannot pack your Items. You are responsible to safely and securely pack your items into each Item. This includes packing your items so that they will not be damaged during transit and storage. You understand that the Item will be moved from time to time in connection with deliveries or as may be needed for its storage. By having us pick up an Item, you represent and warrant that the Item has been packed appropriately. You agree that StowEdge is not responsible for any damage caused by or arising from your failure to properly pack the Item. In addition, we reserve the right to refuse any Item that we reasonably believe weighs over 60lbs, exclusive of the actual weight of the Item.
Right To Enter And Inspect Your Things
StowEdge does not intend on accessing any of your Items after they are sealed. However, StowEdge reserves the right to open and inspect any Item in the event of an emergency, suspected criminal activity, suspected storage of prohibited goods, or upon your default under this Agreement. Should StowEdge receive a search warrant from a governmental agency, we may, without incurring any liability to you, immediately remove your seal from the relevant Item(s), allow your Item(s) to be searched, and, if applicable, the contents to be seized. Should StowEdge receive a subpoena, or a law officer or governmental agency requests documents or information about Your Things, you agree that we may provide such information or documents without incurring liability to you.
Cancelling Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time by your account settings page or by contacting StowEdge support. (Any fees for a minimum storage term per Item will still apply). You must arrange for and pay the costs (as set out in this Agreement) of getting Your Things back to you. You must continue to pay us your full storage charge each month until all of Your Things have been returned to you.
Changes To Our Policies
You may not store in any Item:
- Living things;
- Flammables of any kind (gas, diesel, kerosene, oil, paint, etc.);
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Food or other perishable good;
- Glass or any liquid items;
- Stolen items or counterfeit goods;
- Illegal items;
- Hazardous items of any kind;
- Hazardous or toxic waste material of any kind;
- Items that produce odors of any kind; or
- Any item which does (or may) detrimentally affect anything that is outside of your Item (such as the Items of other users, the storage facility, etc.).
- Personal property which would result in the violation of any law or regulation of any governmental authority
Do not store official documents or items containing personally identifiable information in an Item. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all rights and claims against StowEdge arising in any way from storing these things with Your Things. In addition, you should not store fragile items in an Item. By executing this Agreement, you understand and agree that if you go ahead and store fragile items in an Item, you waive all rights and claims against StowEdge should your fragile items get damaged or break.
Temperature & Climate Control
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the temperature of the facility in which your Items are stored between 55°F and 80°F. Other than temperature, Your Things will not be stored in a climate-controlled environment. The airflow, moisture level, and heat will not be regulated. We will take all commercially reasonable steps to protect your items from the growth of mold or similar microorganisms. However, because Your Things will not be stored in a completely climate-controlled environment, we cannot guarantee that mold or similar microorganisms may not develop on your property. We are not liable for the natural growth of mold, or mildew or similar microorganisms on your property. You assume the risk that mold or similar microorganisms could develop under these circumstances. Further, you acknowledge and agree that the storage containers provided by StowEdge and premises where they will be located are not suitable for the storage of heirlooms or precious, invaluable or irreplaceable property such as, but not limited to, books, records, writings, contracts, documents, personalized or other DVDs or videos, works of art, objects for which no immediate resale market exists, objects which are claimed to have special or emotional value and records or receipts relating to the stored goods. You agree not to store any such items. Should you store such items, you assume the risk that they could be damaged by the environmental conditions existing at the premises where they are stored and waive all rights and claims against StowEdge for any damage arising from environmental conditions.
Default; Denial Of Access
If you fail to pay rent or other fees on time, it means you are in "default" under this Agreement. You may (at our sole discretion) be denied access to the Item if you fail to pay rent by the due date.
StowEdge's Lien; Default
STOWEDGE HAS A LIEN UPON ALL PERSONAL PROPERTY STORED BY YOU IN THE ITEM FOR OUTSTANDING RENT, LABOR, OR OTHER CHARGES, PRESENT OR FUTURE, IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL PROPERTY, AND FOR EXPENSES NECESSARY FOR ITS PRESERVATION, OR EXPENSES REASONABLY INCURRED IN ITS SALE OR OTHER DISPOSITION AS PERMITTED BY FLORIDA LAW. STOWEDGE MAY ENFORCE THE LIEN BY SELLING THE PERSONAL PROPERTY STORED BY YOU IN THE ITEM AT A LIEN SALE IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. STOWEDGE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH DUE AND PROPER NOTICE OF THE LIEN SALE PRIOR TO ITS OCCURRENCE.
Value Of Your Property
You represent and warrant that each Item stored by you contains property with a total value of $200 or less, with an aggregate limit comprising of all of Your Things of $2,000 (the "Aggregate Limit"). In the event of any loss, damage, or destruction of Subscriber Property caused by StowEdge's breach of any obligation to Subscriber, StowEdge's liability will be limited to direct damages in the amount of the cost (fair market value) of the Subscriber Property, up to U.S. $200 per Item or U.S. $2,000 for Your Things (to wit, the Aggregate Limit).
We do not maintain any insurance on your personal property that you can make a claim under. Insurance that applies above the limit of StowEdge's liability (or when StowEdge is not liable) is your sole responsibility. You have the option of obtaining your own personal coverage for your items stored in StowEdge, and if you do not do so, you understand that StowEdge will not be liable beyond the amounts and conditions in these Terms.
Limitation Of StowEdge's Liability; Indemnity
To the fullest extent permitted by law, StowEdge and its agents will have no responsibility to you or to any other person for any loss, liability, claim, expense, damage to property or injury to persons from any cause, including without limitation, StowEdge's and/or its agent's active or passive acts, omissions, negligence or conversion, unless the loss is directly caused by StowEdge's fault. Further, StowEdge will have no liability to you for damages caused by an act of god, including a hurricane.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you shall indemnify and hold StowEdge and its agents harmless from and against all losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, attorney fees, fines, damages, claims demands, causes of action and lawsuits of any kind whatsoever in any way arising from, or as a result of, or in connection with Your Things and your use of StowEdge, including, without limitation, as a result of any of Your breach of Your obligations pursuant to this Agreement.
Waiver Of Subrogation
Any insurance carried by you or us is for the sole benefit of the party carrying the insurance. Each party waives its right to make any claim against the other for loss or damage in the event of casualty and will cause its respective insurance policies to be endorsed so as to waive that right of their respective insurers. You expressly agree that the carrier of any insurance obtained by you shall not be subrogated to any claim of you against us. This clause is a specific bargained for condition of this Agreement and we would not have entered into this Agreement without it.
Change Of Address
In the event your e-mail address or residence address changes, you must promptly notify us. We are not responsible if you don't receive a notice from us because your address changed and you did not notify us.
All content included on StowEdge (and the software that runs it) is the property of StowEdge or StowEdge's licensors or other content suppliers. There are copyright and trademark and other laws that apply to protect that content. We own or license all content on our website including any trademarks, service marks, or logos. We reserve all our rights (so your rights are those expressly named for you). You may not use (in any fashion, where use is interpreted as broadly as possible) content on StowEdge without the express prior written consent of the respective owners.
We grant you a limited nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable right solely to display and view content on StowEdge for personal, non-commercial use. Other than fair use, other uses are prohibited without express consent.
Use And Conduct Restrictions
You are allowed to use the service as long as you follow a few basic rules. The following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions are the basic rules we expect users to follow while using StowEdge. We are not responsible for the content our users post.
Conduct on StowEdge: You agree that you will not, under any circumstances, transmit any content (including text, software, images, or other information) that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- defames, harasses, abuses, threatens, or incites violence towards any individual or group;
- is pornographic, discriminatory, or otherwise victimizes or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- is spam, is machine- or randomly-generated, constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains or installs any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
- violates the privacy of any third party.
Unauthorized Access. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- use any data mining, scraping, robots, or similar data gathering methods to access or obtain information through any means not purposely made available through the Service.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any data or feature of the Service, or any other systems or networks connected to the Service or to any StowEdge server.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Service or any network connected to the Service.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective upon written notice to you.
- If we terminate the Agreement, we will arrange for any of your Items or other property that we still hold to be delivered to you. This delivery will be at our expense, unless termination is due to your breach of this Agreement, in which case you are responsible for costs.
- If we determine that your activity poses a threat to StowEdge, we may terminate your account without written notice to you.
- All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
The failure by you or StowEdge to exercise any right under the Terms shall not form the basis for a waiver of that right.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the remainder shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Your rights under our Policies are not assignable, transferable or sub licensable without StowEdge's prior written consent. StowEdge may transfer, assign or delegate its rights and obligations under our Terms without your consent.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Sarasota County, Florida for any dispute arising out of this Agreement. You waive any objection to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts. This exclusive choice of jurisdiction does not preclude you or StowEdge from bringing an action to enforce any judgment or judicial order in any other jurisdiction.
Any good faith dispute or controversy arising under or in connection with this Agreement, including any claims or controversies which could be brought under any federal, state or local law which governs StowEdge, shall be settled by binding arbitration, the cost of which will be shared equally between StowEdge and you. The prevailing party in any dispute will be entitled to recover from the losing party its costs (including costs of collection, reasonable attorney fees, and investigative fees). Any such arbitration proceeding shall be conducted by final and binding arbitration before a panel of one (1) arbitrator in accordance with the rules of and under the administration of the AAA , such arbitration hearing shall be held in Sarasota County, Florida or in any other location mutually agreed upon by you and StowEdge.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
We provide our service as is, and we make no promises or guarantees about this service.
- StowEdge warrants that the Storage Service will be provided in a professional and workmanlike manner by personnel trained with respect to that Service. Except as provided in this section, StowEdge makes no representations or warranties of any kind. StowEdge expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Storage Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Without limiting the foregoing, neither StowEdge nor its suppliers and licensors make any warranty or representation that the information they provide or that is provided through the Online Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Online Service will meet your requirements; that the Online Service will be available at any particular time or location; that the Online Service will function in an uninterrupted manner or be secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Online Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Online Service.
- StowEdge hereby disclaims any implied or express warranties, guarantees, representations of the nature, condition, safety or security of the Unit and the Facility, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose. You hereby acknowledge and agree that StowEdge does not represent or guarantee the safety or security of the Unit or the Facility or of any property stored therein and this Agreement does not create any contractual duty for StowEdge to create or maintain such safety or security. You further acknowledge and understands that StowEdge makes no assurances or guarantees regarding the time of pick-up or delivery of any Unit. StowEdge does not make any representations or warranties that any Fuel Subsidy Charge (if applicable) or any other similar charge charged to You equals its excess fuel costs or that it will not profit from such charge.
- Some jurisdictions limit or do not permit disclaimers of warranty, so this provision may not apply to you.
Rules And Regulations
StowEdge Storage Rules set forth below are made a part of this Agreement and you shall comply at all times with such rules. StowEdge has the right from time to time to change the rules.
- Monthly rent per Item - There is always a one-month or three-month minimum at StowEdge, meaning that if you store Items and/or oversized items resulting in a monthly fee below the minimum at any point in time, you will be charged the minimum monthly rental fee for that month. Storage fees (aka, rent) for your first month storing an Item with StowEdge are charged when we book your Item into our system. Storage fees for subsequent months are charged monthly in advance on the first of each month . In the event you add more Items to Your Things in the middle of a billing cycle, pro-rated rent for the additional Item(s) shall be paid on the day of pickup. For monthly rental charges for storage of oversized items please reference the following page:
g. Your own boxes or containers - $7/month per
three cubic feet, rounded up to the nearest 3 cubic feet (Note that StowEdge reserves the right to put your boxes in its own bins in case the StowEdge team reasonably thinks that it is necessary for the sake of your belongings and our operations and facilities, in which case such volume measurement on which pricing is determined will be based off of the ultimate StowEdge bins.)
- Empty Bin Pick Up Fee – After the initial bin drop off, if you decide to cancel your storage with us we charge a $20 fee to pick up the unused bins. There is no charge for empty bins picked up when other Items are being picked up for storage.
- Specific locations are listed at the following URL:
- Bin Purchase Fee - After the initial bin drop off, if you keep our heavy-duty bins for more than 30 days without scheduling them to be picked up, StowEdge considers this a purchase of the bin and you will be charged a $30 fee after the thirtieth day. In addition, when you schedule your items to be returned, our team will wait up to 20 minutes at the time of delivery for you to unpack and return the bins to our team. If you need our team to come back to pick up empty plastic bins on a separate trip, you will be charged an extra pickup fee of $20. If you keep our heavy-duty plastic bins for more than 30 days without booking a pickup with StowEdge, we will consider this as a purchase of the plastic bins and you will be charged $30 per bin after the thirtieth day.
- Disposal Fee – This fee occurs when you request us to throw out Your Things or just the items that are in one or more of your Items, subject to you signing a full release agreement (the "Release") in favor of StowEdge. A form of this Release can be provided to you by our Customer Care team upon request.
- Includes late cancellation of a pick up, or delivery appointment with less than 12 hours notice.
- Includes late cancellation of drop off, pick up or delivery appointment with less than 24 hours' but not less than 12 hours' notice.